“Staging” your home is all about making the space in your home as appealing as possible to buyers. You may already know the basics, such as eliminating clutter. Here are 5 unusual yet effective home staging ideas that are less well known yet very effective:
- Chandeliers. Surprisingly, these are one of the simplest ways to make a foyer, dining room or living room dramatically more eye catching. You can buy a good-looking chandelier for a few hundred dollars.
- New linen. This is something many home sellers don’t consider, but should. Replace any worn linen – sheets, coverings, towels, and even oven mitts with new ones. Believe it or not, new linen makes a big impression on buyers.
- Pedestal sinks. It may not be practical for you to replace a bathroom sink. However, if you are doing a renovation, keep in mind that pedestal sinks – especially in small washrooms – are a big hit with buyers.
- New appliances. A brand new fridge, stove and dishwasher are motivating selling features to buyers. That’s because new appliances make the whole kitchen look brand new.
- Avoid multi-use rooms. Have a spare bedroom that doubles as a home office? That’s a turnoff to buyers. Whenever possible, stage each room so that it has a singular purpose. A guest bedroom, for example, should be only that.
Want more tips on how to stage your home so that it attracts buyers? Call today.